Shopping local is so important to me and let me tell you why. The cycle of joy! Whats this you might ask? Well when you shop small from a local or independent business is starts the cycle of joy, from when the maker creates the product this brings them joy, to you browsing for the perfect gift, to the person receiving it joy has run through the whole process not to mention it literally changes the lives of the small business owners. I have put together a Devonmade Christmas Gift Guide to help you decide what to buy this year.
1. Wild Rising - Organic skincare created in Torquay. Wild Rising comes from a passion for clean, organic and earth derived ingredients, founder Dani sees self care as one of the most important parts of the day. She encourages you to take time for yourself, connect with nature and explore the natural, organic and vegan ingredients.
2. Soapersudz - All natural soap and skincare handmade in Paignton. Soapersudz produce eighteen completely unique variants of handmade soap. All of their soaps are made the traditional way (a process called Cold Pressed) and are cured for a minimum of four to six weeks to ensure the bars are the best possible quality. They focus on essential oil and dried botanical/herbal pairings to maximise the natural skin health benefits and not the aesthetical value.
1. Pineapple Fibre Art - Contemporary crochet art for your home. Kits containing hoop, yarn, ribbon, pattern and chart to make a beautiful piece of wall art.
2. Pom Stitch Tassel - Pom Pom craft kits designed in Newton Abbot. The main ethos behind Pom Stitch Tassel is to inspire the next generation of creatives, bringing old crafts back to life and educating youngsters the importance of craft.
1. Creatively Colourful Me - Vibrant Pom Poms from headbands, to Christmas baubles Annie creates the most beautiful tactile and pretty accessories from her home studio in Exmouth.
2. Made by Charlie - Beautiful hair accessories from luxury velvet scrunchies, handmade resin clips and vibrant claw clips. Charlie has an amazing range of hair accessories and even makes heatless curlers which are this years must have product.
Candles & Wax Melts
1. Ems Place - Coconut wax and eco spa products. 100% vegan and palm free Em produces a beautiful range of candles, wax melts and bath bombs from her home studio in the coastal city of Plymouth.
2. Way to Glow - Caitlin is the wax melt queen of Paignton with all the best scents and a hug collection of wax melt snap bars. The Christmas scents are divine.
1. Robins Attic Designs - Bespoke textiles made in Devon. Ella creates the most wonderful range of soft furnishings, cushions, bunting, Christmas stockings and wheatbags from luxury fabrics including stunning prints Sophie Alport.
2. Handmade by Libby - Libby hand paints her designs in watercolour and has her own range of fabrics from these creations. These watercolours make up an exquisite range of Christmas stockings and cards wth luxury foil detailing.
1. Wild Art by Carrie - As a wild swimming addict and artist Carrie has combined both of her passions to bring you some unique artwork and gifts with wild swimmers in mind. All gifts are illustrated and printed by Carrie in her Devon studio.
2. Rocket & Rhino - Bespoke Jesmonite homeware handmade in Devon by Selina. Absoluelty beautiful one of a kind pieces made in jesmonite and terrazzo. Coasters, dishes, vases, platters and quirky decor.
Lastly I produce my own ranges of gifts and Christmas items. Some of my favourite and most popular sellers in my Devon shop are my preston prints. Digital illustrations of my favuourite Devon beach. I love a personalised Christmas item and I offer a range of stockings, Christmas eve bags and sacks all made in my shop to order.
Have fun exploring these wonderful Devon businesses, everything mentioned is stocked in the Devonmade Studio & Shop based at 1b Old Torquay Road Paignton. If youd like to see it in the flesh, touch and smell the scents. For more information on any items please contact me (Sarah Anderson) [email protected] or call 07807366909.